Meet Dr. Covino
I am fortunate to have attained the level of an orthodontic specialist in the dental profession and equally honored to be recognized by the American Board of Orthodontics as a Board Certified orthodontist for demonstrating continuing expertise in my field. I appreciate being able to provide such a life-changing service to my patients. Nothing compares to having a positive impact on so many different types of people’s lives. It is very rewarding to see the outcome of my vision and plan in a patient’s beautiful smile.
My profession is a direct reflection of my personality. I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them as individuals while helping them achieve their smile goals. I am excited about approaching each patient with a customized treatment plan to meet their smile expectations.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – State University of New York School of Dental Medicine
- General Dental Residency – Strong Memorial Hospital/Rochester General Hospital
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Aligntech Institute, Invisalign – Certified Invisalign Provider Since 1999 over 100 hours of continuing education classes on the treatment of Invisalign cases
The challenge of diagnosing issues and developing solutions is one that I embrace daily! To do this effectively, I have continued my education beyond my formal schooling in numerous ways. I have advanced training in light wire self-ligating braces technology and Invisalign® as a cosmetic treatment alternative. Additionally, as a member of several professional organizations, I am able to meet with the brightest minds in orthodontics and dentistry, providing me with a variety of perspectives on the newest trends in the field of orthodontics.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
Our Orthodontic Family
I have put together an exceptionally talented team of caring professionals. Each member has a defined role in our office to make the patient experience beyond what they would expect. We treat each patient and their family according to their unique needs. Each person who walks in the door becomes a very special part of the Covino Orthodontics family.
Outside the Office
I am a native of Dobbs Ferry, New York, and have called Solebury, PA my home since 2000. My wife, Kathy, and I have three children. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my wife and children, golfing, bike riding, and doing home improvement projects.
Being active in my community is a great way to give back to those who have been so supportive to me. As a practice, Covino Orthodontics is proud to sponsor many local sport teams and participate in various school fairs, health information events, and fund-raisers to increase awareness of the importance of orthodontics. Additionally, I volunteer my time as the school dentist for our local public school district.